The Colorado State University Pueblo Foundation will host the Fifth Annual #LoveCSUPueblo Give Day on Thursday, Oct. 29. Give Day is a concentrated crowdfunding effort, allowing donors to support one or more of 26 campus-wide initiatives.
CSU Pueblo Foundation utilizes crowdfunding to raise money for CSU Pueblo students, academic programs and departments, athletic programs, and student organizations.
The goal of the day is to have 1,500 donations to CSU Pueblo within a 24-hour timeframe. The crowdfunding method allows individual projects an opportunity to increase visibility and raise small amounts of money from a large number of people.
Last years success was record-breaking with more than $74,000 raised through 1,470 gifts. This year, CSU Pueblo Foundation solicited interest for project fundraising from all university colleges and departments. Twenty-six individual funds have been established, seeking support for the following campus initiatives:
- HSB Study Abroad Opportunity Fund- The Hasan School of Business believes that CSU Pueblo business students should travel and experience other countries, cultures and business practices.
- Southern Colorado Association of Nursing Students organizes events, speakers and activities for the nursing students at CSU Pueblo and volunteers in the Pueblo community. This fundraising initiative will help increase student involvement and the number and quality of future speakers brought to campus for professional development.
- The Ultimate Future Self Campaign This campaign will provide support to financially assist students with the experiential education opportunities they need to develop into their best future selves. Whether it be a summer internship at the Smithsonian museums in Washington DC, or time spent developing skills in another country, or even the chance to present at a national conference.
- Dollars for Scholars- TRIO Youth Programs serves first-generation low-income high school students. This will fund a minimum of six ($500) book scholarships for scholars who have chosen to join the Pack.
- Pack Pantry- The Pack Pantry serves as a resource for students, faculty and staff who are experiencing food insecurity.
- Undocumented Student Scholarship Fund – Undocumented students seeking a bright future through education should embark on their college journey supported and celebrated.
- CHASS Helping Hands- The CHASS Helping Hands fund provides financial assistance for CSU Pueblo students in the college who experience unexpected expenses such as housing, transportation, food, living and educational expenses. The funding is offered as a scholarship, so students are not required to pay it back.
- Associated Students Government Student Emergency Fund style- The Student Emergency Fund is a fund created by students in an effort to help other students financially in times of extreme emergencies.
- Administrative Professional Council Textbook Scholarship – The Administrative Professional Council scholarship fund is intended to support the efforts of Administrative Professional employees children, spouses and dependents to better afford a college education.
- Ballet Folklorico CSU Pueblo Ballet Folklorico, an award-winning folkloric dance organization, promotes teamwork, discipline, perseverance, healthy body and mind, and deeper appreciation of Hispanic heritage. This fundraising initiative will support in- and out-of-state events and competitions, uniforms, costumes, props, backdrops and travel costs.
- Classified Staff Student Scholarship Fund – The Classified Staff Student Scholarship fund donates up to $4,000 per year to family members of classified staff who are attending classes at CSU Pueblo. The students have to apply every year to be considered for this scholarship. This scholarship will help students with the cost of their tuition and/or books for the year.
- Search and Rescue Equipment – The Colorado State University Pueblo Search and Rescue Team members are like-minded students, faculty and staff who are interested in search and rescue. Give Day support will help the CSU Pueblo Search and Rescue Team purchase rescue equipment and ensure continued service to Pueblo County.
- CSU Pueblo Club Baseball – CSU Pueblo Club Baseball is a National Club Baseball Association (NCBA) member who travels throughout Colorado and the United States. This fund will help with NCBA dues, NCBA performance bond, team hats, baseballs, jerseys, facility costs, travel costs, umpire fees and team equipment.
- Alpha Psi Lambda is a co-ed Latinx organization promoting education, leadership, cultural awareness and community service on campus. Each year members are extended the opportunity to attend a leadership conference as a group. The funds generated from this Give Day campaign will be utilized to help reduce the cost for future leadership conferences.
- International Scholarship Fund for CSU Pueblo – This scholarship fund will be used in support of international students who are in need of additional one-time monies in order for him/her/them to continue their studies at Colorado State University Pueblo. This funding will be inclusive of tuition, fee costs, books and supplies, housing and dining needs of the student while enrolled at CSU Pueblo.
- CSU Pueblo Career Closet is built! Monetary donations will support the purchase of new clothing inventory. Students are always in need of looking their best for that first interview or job, even if the interview may be virtual.
- Support first-generation, low income CSU Pueblo Veterans! Help provide our Veterans with a Go-Bag including a backpack, padfolio and school supplies.
- Cannabis, Biology and Chemistry Student Scholarship and Research Fund- This fund is used to support scholarships and research participation for students in the Cannabis Biology and Chemistry (CBC) Program. The CBC degree program was launched fall 2020 to develop students (scientists) that have an understanding of basic chemical and biological principles that can be applied to the emerging field of cannabis science.
- Help sustain and grow the ThunderWolves Marching Band through your support of operational and other Band program needs. The WolfiesPack Athletics Student-Athlete Banquet The Wolfies is CSU Pueblo Athletics department-wide student-athlete banquet. Gifts received will help offset the cost of the meal for the student-athletes.
- CSU Pueblo eSports Team- CSU Pueblo eSports team engages students and helps create lasting relationships on campus. This fund will help the club to upgrade, and purchase new equipment (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, etc) to better reach and connect with the student body.
- ThunderWolves Abroad Scholarship Fund- The CSU Pueblos Study Abroad Scholarship Fund will provide financial aid to ThunderWolves studying abroad. All donations will go directly to eligible students participating in University-sponsored study abroad programs.
- CSU Pueblo Racquetball Team- The CSU Pueblo Racquetball Team fund wants to make the dream of attending racquetball tournaments the Colleges Tournament a reality for members of the team.
- CSU Pueblo Alumni Association Scholarship Fund – The CSU Pueblo Alumni Association Scholarship Fund supports children and grandchildren of proud alumni of CSU Pueblo or any of the previous names of our institution PJC, SCJC, SCSC or USC.
- CSU Pueblo Annual Fund*- The CSU Pueblo annual fund concentrates on raising unrestricted monies to support CSU Pueblo students and University priorities. CSU Pueblo General Scholarships Raising funds to provide financial assistance to CSU Pueblo students.
CSU Pueblo Foundation is excited to host the Fifth Annual #LoveCSUPueblo Give Day providing an opportunity for our students, faculty and staff, and others to show their love for this great University and their favorite projects,said CSU Pueblo Foundation President/CEO Todd Kelly.
Once again this year, Give Day will feature 26 campus-wide projects, each challenged to increase the number of donors and dollars raised from last years Give Day totals. The CSU Pueblo Foundation will match, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per campaign for eligible campaigns.
Other bonus incentives intended to promote giving from a wide-array of donors will also be promoted, including, most overall donors, most alumni donors, most student donors, most faculty/staff donors, and most donors outside of Pueblo County.
The crowdfunding website will be open to donors all day, in the hopes that students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the University will show their love of CSU Pueblo by supporting the highlighted fundraising initiatives.
To view campus initiatives, to donate or to obtain more information, visit https://giveday.csupueblo.edu/. All proceeds generated will fully and directly benefit the indicated project.