The Colorado State University-Pueblo Foundation will host the fourth annual #LoveCSUPueblo Give Day on Friday, Nov. 15. Give Day is a concentrated crowdfunding effort, allowing donors to support one or more of 26 campus-wide initiatives.
CSU-Pueblo Foundation utilizes crowdfunding to raise money for CSU-Pueblo students, academic programs and departments, athletic programs, and student organizations. The goal of the day is to have 1,700 individuals donate to CSU-Pueblo within a 24-hour timeframe. The crowdfunding method allows individual projects an opportunity to increase visibility and raise small amounts of money from a large number of people.
Last year’s success was record-breaking with nearly $68,000 raised through 1,700 donations. This year, CSU-Pueblo Foundation solicited interest for project fundraising from all university colleges and departments. Twenty-six individual funds have been established, seeking support for a variety of campus initiatives.
“CSU-Pueblo Foundation is excited to host the 4th annual #LoveCSUPueblo Give Day providing an opportunity for our students, faculty and staff, and others to show their love for this great University and their favorite projects. This year, Give Day features 26 campus-wide projects, each determined to increase the number of donors and dollars raised from last year’s Give Day totals.”Todd Kelly, CSU-Pueblo Foundation President/CEO
The CSU-Pueblo Foundation will match, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per campaign for eligible campaigns. Other bonus incentives intended to promote giving from a wide-array of donors will also be promoted, including, most overall donors, most alumni donors, most student donors, most faculty/staff donors, and most donors outside of Pueblo County.”
The crowdfunding website will be open to donors all day, in the hopes that students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the University will show their love of CSU-Pueblo by supporting the highlighted fundraising initiatives.
To view campus initiatives, to donate or to obtain more information, visit https://giveday.csupueblo.edu/. All proceeds generated will fully and directly benefit the indicated project.
The 26 individual funds include:
- Pack Pantry – For the last 7 years the Pack Pantry has worked hard to combat food insecurity among students and staff who are facing financial difficulties by providing perishable foods, hygiene products and school supplies. Donations will be used to further sustain, build and improve this staple of support in the CSU-Pueblo Community. Food or other products can be delivered to Student Engagement and Leadership office located in Occhiato Student Center (OSC) 102.
- HSB Study Abroad Opportunity Fund – The Hasan School of Business believes that CSU-Pueblo business students should travel and experience other countries, cultures and business practices.
- Ballet Folklorico – CSU-Pueblo Ballet Folklorico, an award-winning folkloric dance organization, promotes teamwork, discipline, perseverance, healthy body and mind, and deeper appreciation of Hispanic heritage. This fundraising initiative will support in-and out-of-state events and competitions, uniforms, costumes, props, backdrops and travel costs.
- Smithsonian Internship – The Smithsonian Internship allows CSU-Pueblo students a wonderfully unique opportunity to experience hands-on learning at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington D.C. during the summer. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that provides students with the opportunity to develop their skills, grow in confidence, and further their knowledge through working in the world’s largest museum and research complex.
- Southern Colorado Association of Nursing Students (SCANS) – SCANS organizes events, speakers and activities for the nursing students at CSU-Pueblo and volunteers in the Pueblo community. This fundraising initiative will help increase student involvement, the number and quality of future speakers, and attend the National Student Nurses Association convention.
- Search and Rescue Equipment – The Search and Rescue team allows participants to train and develop their technical skills, medical knowledge and spirit, in order to serve others. Through this initiative, CSU-Pueblo Search and Rescue will purchase equipment including uniform team jackets and first aid kits. Additional funds will be allocated towards an outfitted team vehicle for rapid emergency response.
- Dollars for Scholars – TRIO Youth Programs serves first-generation & low-income high school students. This fundraising effort will fund a minimum of four ($500) book scholarships for scholars who have chosen to join the Pack.
- CSU-Pueblo Phage Hunting Project – Phage hunting is a new discovery-based research course the Biology department is offering to first and second year students. For most students, this is their first research project. The phage hunting course is called Seaphages and is taught in collaboration with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the University of Pittsburgh.
- Undocumented Student Scholarship Fund – Undocumented students seeking a bright future through education should embark on their college journey supported and celebrated.
- Student Emergency Fund – The Student Emergency Fund is a fund created by students in an effort to help other students financially in times of extreme emergencies.
- Classified Staff Student Scholarship Fund – The Classified Staff Student Scholarship fund donates up to $4,000 per year to family members of classified staff who are attending classes at CSU-Pueblo. The students have to apply every year to be considered for this scholarship. This scholarship will help students with the cost of their tuition and/or books for the year.
- “The Wolfies” Pack Athletics Student-Athlete Banquet – “The Wolfies” is CSU-Pueblo Athletic’s department-wide student-athlete banquet. Gifts received will help offset the cost of the meal for the student-athletes.
- International Scholarship Fund for Colorado State University-Pueblo – Funds are raised in support of international students and their study costs associated with attending CSU-Pueblo.
- ThunderWolves Abroad Scholarship Fund – The CSU-Pueblo’s Study Abroad Scholarship Fund will provide financial aid to ThunderWolves studying abroad. All donations will go directly to eligible students participating in University-sponsored study abroad programs.
- Chemistry Club Scholarship Fund – This fund supports students in the Chemistry program. This scholarship fund is designed to support those things that can be transformative in a student’s education including participating in original research in the chemical sciences and presenting the results of that research to peers at a regional or national scientific meeting. The fund also exists to help meet immediate financial needs that can arise and derail a student’s progression towards their degree.
- CHASS Helping Hands – CHASS (College of Humanities and Social Sciences) Helping Hands Fund donations support emergency monetary assistance for students in the college who face unexpected financial woes. During the 2018-2019 academic year, this fund was able to provide $2,200 total financial assistance distributed among nine students.
- Support The Men’s Rugby Team – Funding raised through this campaign will go towards uniforms and new balls for the CSU-Pueblo Rugby team.
- 8th Annual Beatrice Spade Memorial Lecture Series – The Bea Spade Lecture Series, honoring Professor Beatrice Spade who taught at CSU-Pueblo from 1990 to 2012, is hosted by the Phi Alpha Theta History Club. This event will take place Tuesday, April 14 and Wednesday, April 15, 2020. This year’s speaker is Dr. Lori Ginzberg, Professor of History and Women’s study at Penn State University. Dr. Ginzberg is an historian of 19th century American women. Funds raised will support speaking costs of Dr. Ginzberg.
- Building a Stronger CSU-Pueblo ASCE – American Society of Civil Engineers at CSU-Pueblo asks for donations to fund educational and career enhancing opportunities and needed equipment for the general operation of the club.
- Afghanistan and Iraq Remembrance T-Wall and Gazebo – The CSU-Pueblo Military and Veteran Success Center seeks support through this initiative to build an Afghanistan and Iraq T-wall remembrance and gazebo for the CSU-Pueblo veteran community.
- Alpha Psi Lambda Campaign* – Help CSU-Pueblo’s Alpha Zeta Chapter of Alpha Psi Lambda, the nation’s first and largest Latino co-ed fraternity.
- Driven to Succeed* – The automotive industry is always changing and the Automotive Industry Management program must stay up-to-date with all the current technology to continue to produce students that are ready to enter the workforce.
- Boost the Band* – Help sustain and grow the ThunderWolves Marching Band through your support of operational and other Band program needs.
- Student Veterans of America Home of Heroes Scholarship* – This initiative will support the “Student Veterans of America Home of Heroes Scholarship” established by the CSU-Pueblo SVA.
- CSU-Pueblo Annual Fund* – The CSU-Pueblo annual fund concentrates on raising unrestricted monies to support CSU-Pueblo students and University priorities.
- CSU-Pueblo General Scholarships* – Raising funds to provide financial assistance to CSU-Pueblo students.
* Campaign not eligible for matching funds